Whale Watching Tours
Whale Watching - April 1 to October 31
Our whale watching tour focuses on Southern Resident Killer Whales, Transient Killer Whales, majestic Humpback whales, and other marine wildlife such as porpoises, sea lions, seals and bald eagles.
The Killer Whales come to this region to feed on the salmon that are returning to the Fraser River to spawn. The salmon start to migrate up river in May and continue into October. There are three pods (families) of Killer Whales that return to this area every year and they consist of approximately 80 whales. Killer Whales are matriarchal meaning that the eldest female leads the group.
All of our resident Killer Whales can be identified by their dorsal fin and saddle patch (area behind the dorsal fin) and have their own names. For example, the head of J pod is named Granny (J2) and is thought to have been born in 1911.
"We had a great time on our trip, and I'd recommend Vancouver Whale Watch to any other groups, definitely." ~ Mandy from SWAP.ca
Our 3 to 5 Hour Tours
- Vancouverís largest and most experienced whale watching company
- Discover Southern Resident & Transient Killer Whales, majestic Humpback Whales, bow riding porpoises, sea lions, seals, Bald Eagles and more
- Over 95% success rate sighting whales
- Our Guarantee – Should you not see a whale, come again for free until you do, for life, no expiry
- Travel through the spectacular Gulf and San Juan Islands
- Have a professional wildlife guide on board who discusses the marine ecosystem and answers questions
- Complimentary water and snack
- Hydrophones to hear the whales communicating
Rates & Departure Times
(with valid ID)
Express (Open Air / Covered Convertable)
Lightship 1 (Open Air)
* Children must be a minimum of 8 years of age to ride the Lightship.
|Departure Times||Date||Trip Length|
|11:00am||April 1 - June 15||3 - 5 Hours|
|9:00am & 2:00pm||June 16 - September 4||3 - 5 Hours|
|11:00am||September 5 - October 31||3 - 5 Hours|
- Prices do not include GST (5%)
- Tours not recommended for those suffering from neck/back problems, persons in frail health or pregnant women
- Children 3 and under free of charge (must be accompanied by an adult)
- 48 hour cancellation policy
- Rates and departures subject to change without notice
- We reserve the right to cancel any trip due to weather conditions, mechanical problems or unforseen circumstances
- We reserve the right to substitute vessels
We support PWWA guidelines for responsible whale watching.
A portion of proceeds supports local marine research programs.